Everything you need to stay warm outside this winterSponsored feature from Atmosphere
- Fitted base layer top
- Fitted base layer pants
- Midweight Merino wool socks
- Waterproof, thermal gloves or mitts
- Insulated pants
- Insulated jacket
- Waterproof, insulated hiking boots
It's all about the layers:
- Choose base layers with Lycra in them so you won't be inhibiting movement while doing your favourite outdoor activities.
- A vest is a great option for layering, especially with climate and body temperature changes.
- Look for outer layers with a Gore-Tex or comparable shell to keep dry.
- Keep in mind when trying on jackets how many layers you will be wearing underneath. If you plan to layer up then go a size larger to accommodate.
- Buy jackets and pants with Primaloft or comparable insulation as they are much lighter weight than traditional goose down, but are just as warm.