How to stay warm while winter camping.
2) Don’t unpack your sleeping bag until just before you get in or it will fill with cold air.
3) Put your empty pack beneath your sleeping pad (at your head or feet) to add a bit more insulation.
4) If you are feeling chilly at bedtime, take a short walk or ski just before snuggling in for the night.
5) Take a water bottle filled with hot water to bed to help warm your sleeping bag.
6) Keep a snack in the tent. Bears aren’t a worry in winter and if you wake up cold, a bite to eat will help fuel your furnace for a few more hours of shut-eye.
7) Don’t hold off going pee at night. Keeping that liquid warm in your body actually makes you cold.