I’m a snacker. At any given time, you can find me within arm’s reach of a granola bar, apple or something sweet to nibble on. Since I spend a good chunk of my time outside, I’m especially drawn to portable snacks.
On two recent adventures, I brought along two new snacks to try: Duke’s Smoked SHORTY® Sausages and BiGS Sunflower Seeds. They both come in resealable bags, are full of protein and fibre (respectively), low in sugar, and are easy options to indulge in while exploring.
Outdoors in Autumn
The 3.4-kilometre trail that circles Fraserview Golf Course in Vancouver was awash in burgundy and bronze when I decided to tackle it. Giant leaves the size of my face stuck to the dirt path, glistening with rainwater and speckled with mud. My hiking buddy and I walked beneath a canopy of bare branches and a moody grey sky.
Halfway around the loop, we found a damp log next to a stream to sit and enjoy the scenery. It was the perfect location for a handful of salty sunflower seeds and a bite of smoked sausage before finishing our autumn walk.
Two days later, we headed out of the city to Lighthouse Park. The trails in the sixty-five hectare forest weaved and intertwined. We trekked the Seven Sisters Trail to the viewpoint.
We were armed with more BiGS and Duke’s snacks. This time, we carried interesting flavours: Taco Bell® Taco Supreme®, Dill Pickle and Zesty Ranch BiGS Sunflower Seeds; and Duke’s Hickory Peach BBQ Smoked SHORTY® Sausage. Each tasted exactly as it sounded. The Dill Pickle sunflower seeds and Hickory Peach BBQ sausages were my favourites. We munched while soaking in views of mustard- and ketchup-coloured leaves. In front of the metallic ocean, a red-rimmed lighthouse protruded between evergreens. Sunlight tried to break through the white sky.
It was another perfect place to be a snacker.
About Duke’s and BIGS:
- Freshly crafted smoked meats made with real, whole ingredients
- Texture comparable to beef jerky
- No MSG, artificial preservatives and two grams of sugar or less per serving
- Excellent source of protein
- Available in Original, Hot & Spicy, Hickory Peach BBQ, and Hatch Green Chile flavours
- Available in a 113-gram bag and on-the-go 35 gram size
- dukesmeats.ca, Facebook: @DukesSmokedMeatsCanada
- Bold flavours with unique co-brand partners
- No artificial colours or flavours
- High source of fibre
- Available in Dill Pickle, Taco Bell® Taco Supreme®, Zesty Ranch, Sizzlin’ Bacon, and Original
- bigs.com, Facebook: @BIGSSeedsCanada
Disclaimer: This sponsorship is not affiliated with or endorsed by Taco Bell. Taco Bell logo and Taco Supreme are registered trademarks of Taco Bell Corp.