Welcome to episode 7 of Explore Magazine’s Live the Adventure Podcast.
Sasquatch. Bigfoot. The Abominable Snowman. Whatever you call it—people often ask: Do You Believe?
But what about the wilderness that fosters these legends? The traditional peoples of the land who have passed the stories down? The communities of the remote British Columbia coast where these legends endure?
The scientists who study these creatures as if they'd study a chimpanzee (minus the contact)?
And above all, what can the Sasquatch legend tell us about ourselves, the wild places we travel and the nature of our relationship to place?
Big questions. John Zada, our guest for this episode, tackles them all in his new book "In The Valleys of the Noble Beyond," available for pre-order now.
So let's talk Sasquatch with John Zada. And check your disbelief at the door.
In This Episode You'll Learn
- All about one of the most enduring wilderness legends
- Science, myth and first-hand Sasquatch stories
- Life in the remote towns of the Great Bear Rainforest
- The process of writing a a book—and having it published
- And more!
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- In The Valleys of the Noble Beyond (Canadian publisher)
- In The Valleys of the Noble Beyond (U.S. publisher)
- In The Valleys of the Noble Beyond (Amazon.com)
- In The Valleys of the Noble Beyond (Amazon.ca)