How do we stay safe in the outdoors? What precautions can we take to ensure we return as expected?
And how can we help search and rescue teams track us down as efficiently as possible, if an incident does occur?
Whether we want to talk about it or not, safety in the outdoors is a major priority. So today, we're talking to Sandra Riches, the executive director and BC coordinator of BC AdventureSmart.
AdventureSmart is an organization aimed at getting you informed to go outdoors—their goal is to reduce the number and severity of SAR calls every year. It's a monumental task. So let's find out what you can do to help.
Here we go with episode five:
In This Podcast You'll Learn
- How Canada's SAR organizations function
- AdventureSmart—what is it?
- How you can stay safe, or safer, in the outdoors
- How you can assist SAR if you ever need them
- How to use social media as a force of good in the outdoors