MEC Bikefest Vancouver is back for its sixth year on June 14, at Athlete’s Village Plaza on False Creek.
Explore staff will be also be on hand — stop by and say hi, renew your subscription or pick up a copy of the brand-new Summer Issue.
As always, there will be a wide-range of bike-themed activities to get involved in, all running between 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.:
- Gold Sprints: fixed bike races, including 200-metre sprints, two-kilometre team races and parent and child races. Hourly prizes will be given for quickest times!
- Cycling BC raffle: Cycling BC will be selling raffle tickets for $5, giving you the chance of winning a MEC Attack Carbon road bike and a host of other prizes. All money raised from ticket sales will go directly back into Cycling BC programs.
- Test your wattage output, pedal stroke and more at the Catalyst Kinetics booth.
- Nutritional Clinics with Spud & Whole Foods.
- Bike Maintenance clinics.
- Expert hill-climbing clinic with MEC Envoy, Allan Prazky.
- Demo area: demo new bikes from MEC, Ghost, Ridley, Dunbar Cycles, eProdigy and Stromer.
- Kids obstacle course and introduction to road safety clinic with Pedalheads.
- Vancouver Community Police will be providing free bicycle engraving.
- Leave your bike in the capable hands of the Bike Valet, for a complimentary clean.
- Our MEC bike mechanics will be on hand all day to provide free check ups and adjustments.
- MEC Gear swap: the best place to find great deals on used cycling and hiking/camping gear.
- Also — join MEC’s offsite cycling-specific yoga session at Just Yoga.
For full event information and clinic registration, please go to http://events.mec.ca/event/15508/mec-bikefest-vancouver-2014.
Don’t live in Vancouver? MEC runs bikefests right across the country (including one in Toronto on May 31). To find out more, visit: http://www.mec.ca/AST/ContentPrimary/Community/Events/Bikefest.jsp.